Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream







Tuesday 10 April 2012

Fresh Start



After the book fair I decided:
I am reworking my complete portfolio!
The next book fair I want to go to is the one in Frankfurt in October.
I want to impress and woo and if everything fails gobsmack! There!
I have 6 months to become a genius!
:o)

The most common reaction I got from people after saying I wanted to rework the portfolio was:
“really? You want to start from scratch with all your work?”
Well, yes and no. I think it’s more like building on what you have.
Never fear the blank page. Redo things but don’t wipe out the steps you have already taken.
I the past I have learned that every second version if a drawing is better than the one before. And if I sit down and do the third, fourth, fifth … time it will become even better!

I am doing my homework and have my eye on two publishers I like to work towards in particular. It’s good to have a standard in mind. Suddenly the bar has been raised way over my head. I have to look up and blink into the sun to see it.

And I have already worked out how to make time to get there: I will just give up sleeping! No prob! :o)
Goodbye, sleep.
Goodbye, social life.
Goodbye, beloved books * oh god!

No comments:

Post a Comment